[DNA] new DNA version 1.18 available
info at philipleifeld.de
Sat Jun 5 03:12:13 CEST 2010
A new version of the software Discourse Network Analyzer (DNA) is
New features and bugfixes:
- There is now a function which lets you navigate through within-actor
contradictions. For example, if a politician uses a concept in a
negative way in one article and uses the same concept in a positive way
somewhere else, this is counted as a within-actor contradiction. This is
useful for spotting coding inconsistencies or to identify learning
behavior of actors.
- A new nodelist CSV file format for affiliation networks. This may help
you to get an overview of the organizational affiliations of the persons
in your data set.
- A regular expressions filter for the article import function. This
makes importing or merging large amounts of data easier. Simply type in
something like "NYT: ", and all New York Times articles will be
- Improvement: A progress bar was added to the import articles function.
- Bugfix: The import articles function sometimes imported the wrong
articles. This has been fixed.
As always, the manual has also been updated.
More information about the DNA-help